Friday, September 19, 2008

Body Update

ObesitytableIf you're wondering why I haven't submitted an update recently about my progress in the transformation, I'll give you a little heads up.



I've actually been a bit discouraged about the program I'm following. I got down and started to veer off track this week. I've only worked out twice this week and it was mostly just cardio.



What I've come to the conclusion of is this: it's not the program that's wrong, it's me and my behavior.



Tell me if you ever feel this way: I start to not see results and then I start to get down. Then, I start to think there's something wrong with my plan, so I change it. Then, I'm completely off track, confused and still don't see results, so I give up. What happens is I start to let my feelings get in the way. I start to feel down and start to do not do things because I don't "feel" like it.



That's kinda how my two boys are sometimes. If they "feel" like doing something, they do it with gusto. If they don't, they whine and complain the whole time. That's where I was at - whining and not feeling like doing the workouts.



Well, I'm glad I realized this, because I was about to give up. After talking with Krissy and she confirmed it,



I've realized that the problem is not the plan, it's me. I've not been sticking to the plan. I've been snacking, binging, overeating, eating late at night and not eating the healthy foods often. There's not been a week where I've followed the eating portion of the plan properly. So, therein lies my downfall - eating. I eat too much, too often, too fast and too late. I'm great at breakfast with portions and self-control, but by the end of the day, I break down and pig out and pig out hard!!!



The challenge is going to be changing my behavior and my thought process. I need to stay disciplined and do what I'm supposed to do even when I don't feel like it - which is very often. So, herein lies my commitment breakdown. Just do the plan. It's a good plan. Just do it. Do it when I don't want to. Do it when I am not feeling like it. I need to just do it.



One other side note is that I've not found a suitable workout time. I've decided the best workout time is in the morning at 6 - 7am. Otherwise, it's not getting done. If I should miss one time, I will do it in the evening between 5 and 6pm or 8-9pm. This is my second choice.



Okay, so there it is. I'm back on my plan and sticking to it!!! On Election Day (Nov. 4), I still have a goal to be 190lbs, 34 in waist and 14% body fat. Here I go again!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment