Thursday, January 8, 2009

Uncomfortable

I was out with a business account last night from the UK.  He is the Managing Director of a major Christian media company there.  He is younger than me and very sharp.  He shared something with me that I won't forget.  


"I never want to be comfortable in my job.  I always want to be in a position where I'm completely out of my comfort zone."

How completely opposite of our nature?!  I have to admit I've been complacent at times - looking for opportunities to be unchallenged.  

But it's in those positions where we are not comfortable and insecure that we learn and grow the most.  

This year, may I also put myself in a position to be completely uncomfortable and insecure.  Why do what I already know to do?  I'm just doing the same thing and remaining stagnant.  If I were a muscle, the same old workout would not produce any better results.  

Thank you, my friend, for sharing something profound with me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment