Thursday, February 19, 2009

Strengths

Strengths Finder 2.0 Cover[1]
I bought a book recently called Strengths Finder 2.0.  It's an assessment test to help you define your strengths.  I took it a few months ago, but I'm reviewing it again this week.  When you buy the book, you receive a unique access code that gives you online access to the test and a bunch of resources to help you take appropriate actions towards utilizing your strengths in your every day - whether it be at work or home.  


Here are my Top 5 strengths:
FOCUS
EMPATHY
POSITIVITY
RELATOR
COMPETITION

None of these are a surprise to me.  If you've taken this test, I'd love to know what your Top 5 are.


3 comments:

  1. resiliency (my parents abandoned me)
    recovery (i have beaten ringworm three times)
    forgiveness (my parents abandoned me)
    coping (my parents abandoned me because i had ringworm)
    focus (i think i got this one from my daddy who abandoned me when i had ringworm)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric - I do Strengths coaching and I can so see your themes in my interaction with you.
    Mine are:
    ideation - there's not a new idea that I don't at least play with for a while.
    strategic - I see connections everywhere.
    futuristic - my comfort zone is tomorrow. not satisfied with status quo
    maximized -how can we do this differently?
    communication - let me tell you a story
    best personal assessment tool i've ever used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most definitely - those strengths are yours! I'm about to take my family through the Strengths test as well. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete