Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Knick Knacks

Knickknackshelf_smallMy wife said to me last night as we were going to sleep, "Our bedroom is decorated in nothing but knick knacks." I thought, "She's right." after I looked around our room. We began to laugh about all the little trinkets and stuff clogging our bedroom. It's getting crowded.



This morning, I laughed to myself again about the word 'knick knack'. It's really a funny word when you say it out loud: knick knack. Say it 3 times fast: knick knack, knick knack, knick knack. It makes me smile and even giggle.



By the way, if you've ever bought us a knick knack (and who hasn't bought anyone a knick knack) we love you and we treasure you, but we're in a phase of our lives where we just want to clean out some of the less meaningful knick knacks and focus on less stuff. It's more pleasing to the eye anyway.



A friend of mine wrote a blog called the 100 Thing Challenge. The premise of it was, If you could only keep 100 things, what would they be. Thousands of people have visited his site and shared their list of 100 things they would keep. I'm in favor of that.



Anyway, that's really all I wanted to write about in this blog post. Less knick knacks.



I hope this post has been a blessing to your life. :)



More about knick knacks:



Definition

Funny Movie called "Knick Knack"

Nursery Rhyme

The Retail King of Knick Knacks



No comments:

Post a Comment