Friday, June 13, 2008

Tim Russert: A Father's Day Tribute

Tim_russertI was saddened to learn of the sudden death of Tim Russert of NBC News.  I've always been impressed by him and enjoyed hearing his analysis of the political scene over the years.  As a once TV/Radio Journalism major in college, I was impressed by the way he interviewed others.  Fair, but challenging and very wise in the way he put questions.



I was even more touched by his love for his family and for his son.  I was listening to Sean Hannity on the radio this afternoon and moved by the love his co-horts had for him. I was more moved to hear stories of his love for his son and for his own father.  He has a book called Big Russ & Me about his dad that I might check out soon.  So, on the eve of Father's Day weekend, I say "thank you, Tim" for the example you were on television for me and millions of others that, sadly, appreciate you more now and wish you were still here.  If you're mom or dad and loved ones are still here on this earth, take the time right now to love on them.  You never know when the good Lord may take them away.



A tribute to Tim Russert from NBC...



No comments:

Post a Comment