Saturday, June 14, 2008

You Da Dad!

Familmantodd

Below is a letter from founder, Todd Wilson.  I love getting his weekly emails because they are an encouragement to me to get up and try being the dad my boys need.  This email is pretty special... 

Hey Dad,



Let me be the first to wish you a very Happy Father's Day. I don't know about you, but I don't feel like I've earned it lately. In fact, I was a little stinker yesterday. It's not that I don't try---I do. But sometimes I just blow it.



What made it worse was that I had a radio interview and the topic was---you guessed it---fathering. Since I'm not very good at faking it, I told the interviewer that I hadn't been a very good dad hat day.



And then something happened. The average interview went to a higher level, because as I shared my failures, he also shared how he blew it just the night before.



Man, not only did I enjoy his failure story, but it reminded me how we dads are all in the same boat. We try to care for the needs of our family and love our wife and children but often blow it.



And THAT'S why we celebrate Father's Day and why my hat is off to you, Dad. You have the most demanding, important job on the planet. After a failure, you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again (sounds like a song).



The news is full of stories about presidential candidates, powerful businessmen, and famous movie stars, but what you do every day as a dad is more important than all that stuff combined. Your impact in your children's lives ripples across generations to come.



YOU 'DA DAD!!!!!!!!!



YOU 'DA DAD!!!!!!!!!



YOU 'DA DAD!!!!!!!!!



So, my fellow, normal dad who blows it from time to time, you're doing an awesome job. You may or may not get a goofy shirt for Father's Day or get a nap, but know that this dad thinks you're 'da dad!



Happy Dad's Day,



Todd

BTW - I got my usual Father's Day present from my in-laws this week - the annual Old Navy Flag shirt for 4th of July! 



Happy Father's Day to all the other fellow imperfect Dad's out there!  Keep getting up, wiping the dust off and go love on your kids!  That's what I'm gonna do right now...



No comments:

Post a Comment